Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stomp for the cure

This is my favorite picture! Becca, me and Sara. My BFF'S


So on February 7th we did a Breast Cancer snowshoe event. It was to help raise money for the cure of breast cancer. It was so much fun and we had a great time doing something for a great cause! We went up the night before and stayed in a hotel (we had to be at the course at 8:30 am) so we did not have to drive to the Mt Dell Golf course in the morning. We had intentions on doing the 5K but we ended up doing a 3K due to some medical conditions :) Rebbeca gave blood the day before and we stayed up until about 3 AM so her energy level was a bit low (as was all of ours :). Camille had two really bad bloody noses and we ended up making a great picture moment out of it! We had so much fun and really loved that the weather turned out to be so beautiful and dry. At the end of the event they did awards and we all got our pictures taken means that we where about the only team in uniform - thanks to Rebbeca and another one of her great ideas :) At the awards ceremony they had all of the women who where or who had fought breast cancer to go to the front. It was very emotional and we all had to fight back the tears. I was shocked that most of the women who where standing looked to be my age or very close to it. It really makes you grateful for your health and what you have in this life. Rebbeca won a great prize of a set of snowshoes, poles and gators (love my gators best investment I have made for snowshoeing). It was a amazing weekend and we are going to do it again next year. If any of you are interested please comment on my blog and I will let you know when we will sign up again. It is well worth it for sure. The more the better and next year Matt is going as well so bring your husbands too :) Here are a few of our photo shots - We love to take pictures :)


Me, Becca, Sara, Christin

All five girls fit all of there stuff with snowshoes into this little Lexus trunk - WOW that's good!

I am ready for the day to get started!!

Love the shoes and wool sock look on Sara :)

Camille, Christin, Sara, Becca and me. Getting ready to hit the trail.


Becca and I making sure we are good to go

Here we are heading out..Camille, Me, Christin, Becca. Don't you love our outfits!!


Trying to help but why not make a funny picture too!

What the heck is with the sideways pictures?? Oh well, me and Camille



Sara helping Camille with bloody nose #1 She is a sweet heart!!


Beautiful Becca!


Camille with bloody nose #2, What a hot bleeder :)


Lots of people stopped to help with bloody nose #2 It was pretty funny.



Serious picture....VERY RARE!!!

3 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

I would so love to be a part of this. My friend Lisa did it as well and said it was fantastic! Keep me updated. Your pics are great.

Melissa said...

I so did not know you were friends with Sara. I went to school with her. I'm glad I can keep up with ya now and see you blog. I feel like we never see ya. We do need to get together. We love to hang out with you guys. Lets try to all get together and go to dinner.

Amber and Trent said...

How fun! Your outfits and pics were way cute!